We have two types of options:
1. Shopify options use Shopify’s variant system which you use in Shopify’s backend (normal products)
- They limit each product to a max of 3 options and 100 variants.
- Allow for custom pricing (prices for different variants).
- Images associated with variants (so they change when a variant is selected).
- And inventory control.
2. Virtual Options let you get past the option/variant limits of Shopify options,
- They don’t support custom pricing.
- Images aren’t associated with variants (they don’t change when the variant is selected)
- Or inventory control.
We are working on adding custom pricing for virtual options.